Sunday 3 January 2010

TOK MAT, SOMEONE WE COULD COUNT ON.

My condolences to the family of the late Tan Sri Mohamad Rahmat (above). His demise has touched the hearts of many, me included.

I have had the priviledge of knowing Tok Mat through my father way back in the sixtees. My late father and Tok Mat were political buddies though their ages were twenty years apart. My family and I were very touched when Tok Mat appeared at my father's solat jenazah and proceded to join in the Saf.

Almost eight years later, I asked to meet Tok Mat, who was then the minister of information on a political matter. He recognized me instantly and invited me to his office with the glass walls and amazing view. He took immediate action by instantly calling the subject of my predicament, a very, very powerful political leader - who happened to be home during his lunch break..

I was privy to their conversation and I was truly fascinated by the way Tok Mat handled the conversation in my favour. Well, Tok Mat was very, very powerful too because the other leader relented and saw my side of the argument. That was something very meaningful to me and to this day I hold Tok Mat in high esteem.

Tok Mat is gone now answering the call of Allah. May Allah bless your soul. AL FATIHAH.

No comments: