Friday 4 July 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME........!

Yesterday was my birthday.......again! Had a pleasant surprise when my significant other presented a beautiful orange flavoured birthday cake just as I was about to sit down for tea after a lengthy meeting with my UMNO ladies. Thanks too for the lovely card, Yang.

Other than that nothing really interesting happened this time around, except I decided that after all these years of toiling for the family  and servicing the country, I needed to reward myself. And what better time to do it other than on my birthday. So , on the eve of my birthday I decided to present myself with a designer handbag.

 I headed for KLCC and started browsing at the bags on display at the boutiques. Hmm very  tempting!  One particular brand caught my fancy and I made up my mind to buy this one.... and just ignored the hefty price. Anyway there was a big discount because of the ' summer sale '. And after all it was my birthday gift to myself. A girl got to have what a girl got to have ! I digged into my suddenly - worn- out -looking handbag to take out my purse when ,as if on cue, my mobile rang. It was a political call . A very disturbing one . It took all the excitement and pleasure out of my pre birthday shopping.
 
I went home empty handed and empty hearted !

But what the heck , birthdays come every year. Hope my next one will be more eventful !

4 comments:

Ema said...

Happy birthday, Mak! Check out my blog! :)

DATO AINON KHARIYAH BT DATO MOHD ABAS DPCM, PMP, AMP said...

Well thank you Ema. It's nice to know that we have something to show to prove that we are related !

Thanks too for your kind remarks. I pray to Allah that we , as a family, be blessed with good health an an enriching life.

Mak

kakbie said...

Happy Birthday from kakbie. I know dad forgot, sorry! we'll celebrate sometime in KL!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kakbie and adek for your wonderful albeit belated birthday card. And those words ! They were amazingly sweet. Love you.

Opah