Thursday 19 November 2009

ALL FOR TUN MAHATHIR

Tun Dr Mahathir (above) as a Senior Minister? That's a very valid suggestion, and I am all for it! It goes without saying that Tun is a legend in his time. A senior position in Dato' Seri Mohd. Najib's cabinet befits this statesman who has an abundance of experience and a renowned effective leadership.

I am very privileged to have had a very meaningful encounter with this eminent man. I can still remember that eventful night in 1999. My then boss had sidelined me out of spite. I had felt betrayed and unjustly treated. I had no other recourse than to see the Prime Minister himself and pour my heart out. It was very late at night and I summoned enough courage to 'gatecrash' the official residence and waited for Tun to return from a formal function. When the gate slowly opened my husband and I slipped through and pass through his security detail to announce my presence to Tun. To my pleasant surprise, he granted my audience....... with the head of security telling me , in no uncertain terms, to be very, very brief.

I was ushered into the living room. Tun Siti Hasmah discreetly left the room and left me and my other half facing the grimly-faced Prime Minister. I then told my story substantiated with facts and figures. Tun listened intently without saying anything. When I had finished my 'presentation', Tun nodded and uttered one single simple sentence. 'We will see about it tomorrow', he said. That was worth a million sentences to me!

The next day I received the all important phone call. I was given the recognition I humbly feel that I rightly deserved!

Yet again Tun had proven that he was wisdom personified. He is a man of his words......... , unlike a certain former head of government who promised the world to so many people but delivered to none , that in the end he left office with nothing honorable to his name ; known to all and sundry as 'a nice guy' who never was!

So fellow Malaysians , let us rally behind this suggestion and give Tun his rightful position to help make Malaysia a better place for all.

No comments: